The mission of the Center for Remote Health Technologies & Systems is to identify and overcome stakeholder (industry, health care provider, patient, first responder, war fighter) needs through development of breakthrough health care devices, technologies, and information systems toward fitness and health monitoring and disease diagnosis, management, and prevention globally.
Researchers at the center are not only developing innovative remote health systems but also engaging state and federal and regulatory agencies, the medical community, and industry in an effort to further the design, development, testing and deployment of those systems.
The center’s capabilities include:
- Conducting innovative research and developing biomedical devices such as health-monitoring instruments, mobile platform devices, and wearables for health and fitness
- Performing bench-to-bedside advanced validation
- Developing next-generation global medical learning systems based on systems thinking approaches
- Providing guidance and expertise to navigate the medical-regulated environment
- Engaging medical communities in design, development, testing and deployment in the United States and abroad